Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Long Way Home - prologue



Long Way Home Book 1
The beginning of Lu Feng & Cheng Yi Chen's story...

Long Way Home

---Dedicated to the people in my life who have walked away and those who have remained.

A favorite poet of mine said, "There is one story and one story only that will prove worth your telling."  It's like this for me.

LONG WAY HOME

-A bunny's tail length prologue:
At the mouth of an alley, that blind fortuneteller said to me, "You are destined to have a rough road of love.  Your entire life will be intertwined with a man, and it will be impossible for you to acquire a peaceful end."
I shoved my leftover soda into his hands, dusted my ass, and left.
"Hey, you haven't paid!"  The blind was still bellowing behind me at a distance.
Are you kidding me?  You didn't even work out whether I'm a man or a woman and you dare want my money?  I'm doing a good deed by not wrecking your stand.

The above is the main content of my first week entry in high school.  The teacher remarked, "To a certain extent, you exposed the false nature of feudal superstition, but your choice of words is too coarse."

------------------
Translator's comment:  Robert Graves is the poet mentioned in the prologue.  Hm...so what do you guys think about the protagonist so far?  lol. The prologue really is short. XD ;;;

7 comments:

  1. Hello! I am again one of the love late stalkers who since there isn't an update yet decided to look at this. It seems very very very interesting! XD I hope you get more time into translating this as well. There is just something different with Chinese BL that I can't get enough of. Thanks again!-harmony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! 8D Yeah, I'm stuck on how to word some sentences in Love Late's next chapter, so I translated this. =u= ;;; lol. I agree. Reading Chinese BL stories really does have a different feel than reading English ones. Thank you for the comment and you're so very welcome! :)

      Delete
    2. Hello! I see then. Wah, you should have seen my face sag when after not going online for a week, I go check finally, and alas, none yet! Ahhaha...but I totally understand, translating this isn't as easy as one two three. XD

      Thanks again! BTW, I just want to tell you that as a reader, I can't help but think 'Oh no...what if the translator dropped this already...' every time there is a huge gap from the last update date. It always is a feeling I guess all of us who rely to translations feel. So please! No pretty please? XD

      I pray you be in good health, so you can do everything you must do, and also have time for translating not just Love late but each of the novels you want! Thanks for sharing! XD--harmony

      Delete
    3. I'll definitely post the next chapter sometime this month. Don't worry~ I love "Love Late" too much to drop it. And someone donated with the request to continue translating it, so I'm sorta pushed even more to finish it. >u< ;

      There's another translator who's interested in working on another of Lan Lin's novel, so we'll see how that goes. @u@

      Again, thank you, harmony, for the encouragement. Reading your comments definitely gives me a great boost to continue translating! ; u ;

      Delete
  2. love late.....................please..be kind to me, im crazy hell out here want to know the continuaton of this novel. i hv been keep checking out this site about every days,and found nothing.two months without a release,,, oh man,i began desperate here..... please update soon..............pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to post the next chapter before the end of this month. ;)

      Delete
  3. is this project dropped? there is a prologue and ... nothing else? or am i missing smth, pls?

    ReplyDelete